May 15, 2009

Fashion Show? really?!

It's not often that I witness reality TV at it's worst. Yea right! Who am I kidding. It seems like it has been a wind of disasters that you keep watching, knowing fully that this tornado might come after you and sallow your house.

There has been some talk about Project Runway returning to TV this summer but @ its new home Lifetime. It seems to me that the Bravo did not want to let go of Project Runway was that
easily.

Lifetime won and Project is scheduled to air this coming summer.

Bravo now is airing a new show called "The Fashion Show". It sounds like like 4th of July without the firworks, to me. I really think it's an insult to the audience when a network begins showing, to what I think, is an ill fittedproduced show.

Nevertheless, it is rather dramatic. For few moments I wondered if Bravo picked contestants based on personality or talent.

First things first, the lightning seemed extremely dull. Brighter light makes things better. You should know this Bravo. Also, Issa Mizrahi as a judge is really distracting because his hair is all over the place. Reminds me of that song that goes something like "with a hair hair here and hair hair there". Speaking of hair, why are the contestants dressed so horribley?! By the way, I refuse to call them designers, that word is resreved for Project Runway. Kelly Rowland is dull to infinity and beyond.

In the first challenge, the designers contestants were divided into 3 teams, come up with one basic piece of shit and then pair it with 5 different other pieces and present them together in a fashion show. There were hammer pants!

I do have favorites. I acutally really liked the winning look by James-Paul. He looks Asian but his name is James? I also am happy the eliminated designer left. He just had something that could come out of forever19. Yuck. Also, Reco will provide much much drama during this season. I hope he doesn't get kicked out anytime soon. Good times to come because of him. Just like being in a circus.

The Show does promise a lot of laughter. Here are few HAI-larious lines. Mostly provided by Merlin the wizard. He would make some sense half of the time but between his accent and his inproper use of verbs is just too much to handle.

Merlin: it's male domination girl, get it"
Daniella: male? where?
*burrrrrrn*

Merlin: it's something 5 and up *talking about his dress*
Issa: you mean after five o'clock?
Merlin: yes yes

I will probably watch the show but I'm not sure if it's worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment